We all know the importance of a smile as it is one of the many ways to show how friendly we are and a wonderful addition to our outfit.
It is imperative to keep your teeth healthy, clean and flawless at all times. If this is a goal for you, an electric toothbrush is the way to go as it is better than a regular toothbrush!
Ready to learn more?
Is an electric toothbrush really better?
It is okay to wonder if the switch from traditional to electric toothbrush is needed but according to a 2014 study by the independent organization Cochrane. An electric toothbrush plague buildup by 11% and after a longer period it increases to 21%.
This does not mean a traditional toothbrush does not do the work but an electric toothbrush is more effective. Either ways, a lot of people do not know the proper way to use a traditional toothbrush.
What are the pros and cons of an electric toothbrush?
Just like any product, the electric toothbrush has it’s own pros and cons that you need to know before purchase.
- They remove bacterial plaque faster than a traditional toothbrush
- It is more efficient to brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush as it does all of the work.
- They are easier on the teeth when you add toothpaste.
- Electric toothbrush can be used to treat gingivitis and periodontitis
- Different mouthpieces will adapt to your different preferences and tooth needs.
- Many of these products have a timer that will help you brush your teeth for the correct time.
- They are more expensive than traditional toothbrush
- You have to buy extra mouthpieces for effective use.
- Throwing away the old mouthpieces creates garbage.
- You have to charge them occasionally before use.
How does an electric toothbrush work?
This depends on the brand you choose as all electric toothbrushes do not work the same way. However, they all use a motor that gives the brush vibration which is one of the best ways to clean the teeth.
How do I use an electric toothbrush?
Using an electric toothbrush is quite easy so long as you keep it charged. Keep in mind that your first charge of this product might take longer than usual too. I am going to give you some rules that will help you:
- Add the headpiece.
- Wet the bristles and apply the toothpaste.
- Put the toothbrush into your mouth and make sure to brush all parts of your molars and tooth.
- Do not apply too much pressure.
- After two minutes of use, take the toothbrush out of your mouth.
- Take the mouthpiece off of the tool and make sure to rinse it properly. You should also wash it at least once a week.
How often should I replace the headpiece of an electric toothbrush?
You have to change the headpiece as often as you change your toothbrushes which should be at most every three months. Some toothbrushes will change color which is a clear indication that you need to change it.
These types are very practical as they give you the perfect time to change it.
You can change the vibrating pattern of your electric toothbrush.
How often you change the headpiece of your electric toothbrush depends on usage and brand in question. Buying a pack of mouthpieces also helps to save money and time.
How do I clean my electric toothbrush?
Cleaning an electric toothbrush is simple and you can always start from the headpiece. You need to take off the headpiece and clean it with a damp towel since it is not water proof.
It is also advisable to soak your mouthpieces once in awhile in mouth wash or with tablets of cleaning dentures. It is also important to use cold or room-temperature to remove toothpaste.
At this stage, you are already in sync with getting an electric toothbrush. This means you are ready to take your oral hygiene to the next level. I have some shopping criteria that will even make your choice easier while making your purchase:
Make sure you think about your need when getting your new electric toothbrush. There is a wide varieties of products to choose from as each model has it’s own type of mouthpiece. This is why you need to buy extra mouthpieces.
Some toothbrushes come with extra mouth pieces, if this does not happen, make sure you buy a compatible brand.
Most electric toothbrushes have additional functions beyond teeth cleaning. These functions help to give a better experience and this includes:
- Timer: Some electric toothbrushes come with a timer that notifies you with a vibration when you have been brushing for two minutes.
- Alarm: This set alarm goes off every 30 seconds to remind you to brush your teeth evenly.
- Pressure sensor: This function helps you avoid putting too much pressure on your teeth which is bad.
- Bluetooth and applications: Some versions of this product can be connected to your smartphone through Bluetooth.
- Cleaning modes: These different modes will help you when cleaning your teeth.
- Screen: Electric toothbrushes often come with a small screen that lets you know your cleaning mode and brushing time.
Different model of toothbrushes have different charging time. Some are rechargeable while others have replaceable batteries even though this is not common. If your toothbrush requires charging, make sure you plug it before use.
Toothbrushes with batteries allow you use it whenever you want as long as you have batteries. This type of toothbrush comes with a charging base.
You can get models that come with accessories like a transportation piece or extra mouthpiece. A simple model will clean your teeth but might not come with anything else.
Keep in mind that the more the accessories, the more expensive it can be so you need to keep your budget in mind. You can also get a toothbrush that comes with an extra case, mouthpieces, or even an irrigation system, which will shoot water between your teeth to keep them as clean as possible.
You need to make sure that you get a design that is easy for use which is why design is an important shopping criteria to consider when shopping. It should also have an ergonomic, anti-slip handle that makes it easy to hold. Make sure it is sturdy, has a charging base and of good quality.
You can also check the product review of other users to know more about the product you want to buy so you can know more. Also make sure you get models that comes with a piece that allows you to hang the toothbrush up on the wall so that it takes up less space.
Oral hygiene is extremely essential as no one wants to have bad breath or acquire any oral diseases like gingivitis. Do not forget that you are not fully dressed without a smile!
Did you enjoy this article on electric toothbrush? Please check out Best Mineral Powder!