Getting your nails done, whether at home or a nail salon will leave you with many options- what exactly do you want to do? Do you want a full set of nails, pedicures, French manicures, etc.?
If you do not know what this means and you want to get a full set of nails, you have to know what it means before getting one.
This article talks about what a full set of nails means, how to get one done, and the types of full nails.
What does a full set of nails mean?
A full set of nails refers to a manicure or artificial nail application for all ten fingernails.
This nail procedure involves a range of techniques and styles or other decorative treatments such as nail art or embellishments.
Technicians mostly use “full set” in salons when talking about a comprehensive nail treatment that covers all of the nails on a client’s hands. Therefore, a full set of nails is more commonly used in salons and professional settings than at home.
Is there a difference between a full set and a manicure?
Yes, there is a difference between a full set and a manicure.
A full set refers to the complete nail enhancement service where all ten nails are covered with a type of nail extension material.
On the other hand, a manicure is a more basic nail service that involves trimming, filing, and shaping the natural nails. It also involves cuticle care and nail polish application.
Full sets typically include shaping, buffing, and applying artificial nails. They also involve any additional embellishments or features such as nail art.
Meanwhile, manicures may include a range of different options such as traditional nail polish, gel polish, or other special treatments like paraffin wax or hot oil treatments.
However, while a full set and a manicure can both enhance the appearance of the nails, they are different in terms of the level of treatment and customization involved.
That is, a full set is more-involved, time-consuming, and expensive than a basic manicure.
What are the types of a full set of nails?
1. Acrylic set
Acrylic involves applying a mix of liquid and powder acrylic to the natural nails or nail tips. This creates a durable, long-lasting set of nails. The acrylic is then shaped and styled in a variety of ways. It can also be painted with nail polish or decorated with nail art.
2. Gel set
This type of nail involves applying a gel material to the natural nails or nail tips and curing it under a UV lamp to create a hard, shiny finish.
Gel nails are known for their natural look and flexibility. They can be used to create a range of styles and designs.
3. Dip powder set
Dip powder is a full set type that involves dipping the natural nails or nail tips into a pigmented powder and sealing it with a clear topcoat to create a long-lasting, glossy finish. These nails are known for their durability and resistance to chipping.
4. Silk or fiberglass set
This type of nail involves applying a layer of silk or fiberglass to the natural nails or nail tips. It creates a strong, flexible base for nail polish or other nail enhancements. This type of full set is often used for nail repair or strengthening.
5. Press-on set
This involves using pre-made artificial nails that are attached to the natural nails with adhesive.
Press-on nails can be customized with nail polish or nail art. They are also a quick and easy option for those who want a full set of nails without a long-term commitment.
How to get a full set of nails
The best place to get a full set of nails is at the salon. This is a guide to getting your nails done in one.
- Find a reputable nail salon or technician in your area that offers full nail services.
- Schedule an appointment with the salon or technician for a nail treatment. You may want to call ahead to discuss pricing, options, and any specific requirements.
- Arrive at the salon or technician’s location at the scheduled time and discuss your desired nail style or treatment. This will include discussing a specific color or design, the length and shape of the nails, and any additional embellishments or features.
- Then, the nail technician will prepare your nails by filing, buffing, and cleaning them to ensure a smooth and even surface for the nail treatment.
- Depending on the type of nail treatment you’ve chosen, the technician may apply a base coat, extensions, or artificial nails to your natural nails. They will then shape the nails and apply polish, gel, or other decorative features to create the desired look.
- Once the nail treatment is complete, the technician will allow the nails to dry and set. They may apply a top coat or other finishing touches as needed.
- After nail treatment, pay for the service and tip the technician if desired.
- You can finally enjoy your new full set of nails.
How to care for a full set of nails
Proper care and maintenance are essential for keeping a full set of nails looking their best. It also helps it last as long as possible. Here are some tips on how to care for your nails:
- Keep your nails clean: Regularly clean your nails with a soft-bristled brush and mild soap to remove dirt and debris. Avoid using harsh chemicals or nail polish remover that can weaken the nails.
- Moisturize your nails: Apply a cuticle oil or hand cream to your nails and cuticles daily to keep them hydrated and healthy.
- Protect your nails: Wear gloves when doing household chores or working with harsh chemicals to avoid damaging your nails.
- Avoid picking at your nails: Resist the temptation to pick or bite your nails. This can cause damage and lead to infections.
- Get regular nail maintenance: Schedule regular appointments with your nail technician for the maintenance and upkeep of your full set of nails. You can opt for nail fills or repairs to fix any damage or growth.
- Be gentle with your nails: Avoid using your nails as tools or putting excessive pressure on them. It can cause them to crack or break.
- Choose the right products: Use nail polish, remover, and other nail care products that are gentle and specifically formulated for use on artificial nails.
Can you do a full set of nails at home?
Yes, it is possible to do a full set of nails at home. However, it requires some skill, practice, and the right tools and products.
The process is a bit different and needs more attention, but if you have your tools, you can apply your faux nails cleanly.
How long do full sets of nails last?
This depends on the type. However, a full set of nails lasts for at least three weeks and up to seven if managed properly.
However, if you are using traditional polish on the nails, you would need to reapply it after a week. It starts to chip off after a week.
What is the best way to protect your set of nails?
Avoid dipping it in water too much; it weakens the glue. Also, avoid biting your nails. This is the best way to protect your set of nails.
Furthermore, trimming when it breaks is another way of preventing thin nails from coming off.
If you want to get your nails done, you need to know what is being done. A full set of nails just means the artificial application for your ten nails.
You can fix either acrylic, gel, dip powder, silk or fiberglass, or press-on. These types are the regular faux nails applied on your natural nails to enhance their beauty.
So do you need a full set of nail application? That is up to you. If you want to go all out with your nails, then apply them.
If you are thinking of getting your nails done at home, then you will need a nail lamp including how to use it.
Thanks for reading.